Chocolate Coconut Cookies
This recipe is directly from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo
Even if you don't like coconut, give them a try - the flavor is very subtle.
2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded coconut
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 pinch baking soda
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix in unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and shredded coconut until well combined.
- Fold in the almonds, if desired.
- Divide into 12 dollops on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, and flatten them with a fork.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.